20 March 2007

blue blue, electric blue, that's the color of my room




Blue blue! I am sitting on my blue chair in my blue room and knitting a blue mitt. You know, I love Project Spectrum. What a great idea, and kudos to Lolly for organizing it. However, I have really fallen behind in my blue/gray/white projects, despite my initial enthusiasm for Project Spectrum. I've kinda had my hands full with so many other projects (that are all in a million colors but rarely blue - go figure). I had pretty much decided from the get-go that I wouldn't be touching gray or white. I know this color-along allows you the opportunity to explore colors you normally wouldn't touch, which is one of the things that I think is great about it, but I've pretty much locked into blue. Can't help it. I am surrounded by blue, and I love it. Could you have guessed?

I have been meaning to make myself a pair of Eunny's Endpaper Mitts ever since I made a pair for Jolie, and this yarn that I got in an exchange with Kris is just perfect for the project! It's a beautiful silk/alpaca blend. Although I have recently discovered that I am just a little bit (and by a little, I actually mean, a lot) allergic to alpaca, this doesn't seem to bother me at all. Maybe because of the silk blend, or maybe it's spun a little tighter. Either way, I am so glad this yarn is agreeing with me because the colors are great and the subtle sheen of the yarn itself is pretty hard to resist. I love it! (Thanks again, Kris!)

And March isn't over yet! I may play with my original idea for blue for Project Spectrum, which is to make a cake that is all blue - light blue frosting over dark blue cake. It may sound a little frightening, but I'm thinking Yves Klein here. Well, okay, that might actually be kinda gross (and would not be part of my goal at all), but I have to admit, I love that Klein took the experimentation with blue that far. I may bake this; I may not. We'll see....

5 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE your sheets. So pretty! And I love the blue/blue endpapers. Hey! I jsut realized that I totally had an excuse to ditch my second pink sock and start knitting a blue/grey cowl--it's PS-approved!

knittingphilistine said...

Beautiful PS photos! Love the contrast of the blue walls and sheets. And blue cake?? Color me intrigued...

Emily said...

OOoh more endpaper mitts! Beautiful colors - like the ocean!

Rebecca said...

your blue walls are delightful. such a cheerful color. lucky you! it's so nice to see people use color in their homes. i get tired of boring neutrals.

Julia said...

I looove the color your room is painted. I want to paint my room that color! With a little magenta pink thrown in for fun. ;)