08 March 2007

the softie awards - a moment of shameless self-promotion

The Softie Awards deadline is tomorrow! Have you looked through the Softie Awards Flickr group? There is some amazing stuff in there! So much creativity and humor! I was going to try to finish my second mantis (the orchid mantis) in time for tomorrow's deadline, but being as we are leaving for NYC shortly, I think I'll pass on that for now. There's always next time. In the meanwhile, I have already submitted these three softies:


... Manny the Mantis - you can see more photos of Manny here...



... Roy the Squirrel, one of the first batch of critters that I made last week, who is now happily living in someone's sunny sewing room...



... and our little Space Alien friend, who is now lucky enough to be cold-chillin' in California.

And I plan on finishing the little orchid mantis when we return, just because I want to make a whole garden party of strange critters.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Look at Roy! He's such a star! He's currently surveying our dining room from atop the hutch. We are both deathly afraid of the mess in the craft room, so we are going to mess up another part of the house first.

Good luck! (You don't need it AT ALL, but the sentiment is still there.)

lili la sardine said...

Nice little people you got there... I really like the fabrics and colour you use... I am impatient to see more of your work ... I'll come back soon

Samantha said...

ok. cool, thank you for sending me a link to your shop. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that mantis. my boyfriend really likes them and wants a sleeve tattoo of one. i was just browsing the net for a stuffed animal for my ten month old son, to give to him for easter. I stumbled upon your Manny and squealed, I immediatly told my boyfriend "look, i want him, to give to vincent. Isnt he so cool?" I will so watch your site for some more of him, PLease make more. Please.