06 March 2007

the soft(y) parade


Why hallo there! It has been a flurry of softies here the last few days. I am happy to say that although I will not meet my self-imposed deadline for posting these on etsy (which was *coughcoughtodaycough*), I have made good progress and will definitely have these all finished by tonight. They will be available through my shop once I return from a quick trip to NYC. I figure it would be best to post them when I would be available to ship them out immediately should they sell right away. Right now, there are some awaiting parts, like ears and tails and wings:



There are some awaiting faces and limbs:

I have so much fun working on these little critters. I am hoping to get a bunch more cut and started tonight, in addition to finishing up these guys.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Adorable. Is your etsy store address staying the same? My mom's best friend fell in love with Fiddly and wants to buy a bunch for her grandkids. Yay!

RachelDenbow said...

What do you use for filling? How do you get the lumps out? These are sooo cute.

maritza said...

Thanks guys!

rachel - I use regular ol' polyfill. I stuff a little bit at a time otherwise it gets lumpy. I also use the flat end of a pencil to help me get the stuffing into the hard to reach places and to better situate it in the softy body.

nicole said...

These are excellent! I cannot stress this enough! :)

domesticat said...

i love those! i want to buy one for my friends' new baby boy. have you or would you do a big squirrel softie?