07 March 2007

working out those details


Awaiting the finishing touches - ears and tails and antennae and wings...



I'm having fun playing with the Polaroid camera. If anyone knows how I can stop the flash or turn it off, please let me know. (There is no button for it.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As it is, the flash goes off even when I'm taking photos outdoors, which makes for a strange photo. Look at how surreal the blue is in the background of the two photos on the right - it's just bizarre and kinda unnatural. I have to admit that I do get all warm and fuzzy over how the colors on the softies are super-pumped-up. I am totally taken with the surreal quality that Polaroids have, but I also want to use it to capture a more natural light.

More tomorrow....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOVE the army of creatures. Too adorable. I have no idea if you can disconnect the flash on a Polaroid, but you could always try taping some tissue paper over the flash to soften it, maybe?