30 April 2007

coming up for air

Today has actually been a productive day. I mailed out this commission piece, Secret Agent LoveBug with Butterfly Wings:

commission lovebug

I also mailed out my doll quilt for the swap. I was going to post about the quilts yesterday, but I think it might be better to hold off on posting about them until after my partner receives the one I sent her. It was really a tough choice for me to make, but ultimately, I sent her the one with the fewest amount of boo-boos (and the one she had mentioned she liked when I posted the progress shots).

My screen sold at the auction at Grace Space. Woohoo! *doing a little dance of joy*

Our postcards for the open studio arrived from the super-cheap-and-super-good printers, and they look great. *another dance of joy*



Posted a bunch of new squirrels on my etsy shop over the last few days. Finishing up a couple of hand-stitched bugs that I am taking my time with. Working on a few new designs, as well as whipping up a batch of new softies for the open studio. Things are running right along. I'll try to post here soon, but to be honest, I am way more productive when I am nowhere near my computer (checking my email 20 times an hour and such). So I may not be here for a while. Ehhhh, we'll see.... Right now, it feels like I have a lot to post about but not enough time to sit here and compose all the posts.

10 comments:

knittingphilistine said...

Oh the lovebug with butterfly wings in so very, very cute! And my you sound like a busy, busy gal! Hope you find some time to knit up that Mermaid sock yarn! :)

Ashley said...

Aw, lovebug! He is dear.

I hear you on the time-management thing. I got _so_ much done this weekend when I made a conscious decision to step away from the computer. But I love the computer! How would I see adorable things like the lovebug without it?? All about finding the balance, I guess...

Melissa said...

awe, he's so cute! you've done so much since I've last checked in! go you!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the lovebug! So darling!

lookwhaticando said...

I LOVE THAT BUG!!!!!! We get so MANY compliments on Ziggy. I just love your work. Wish I had time to get soooo much done. I'm trying. I to am a fanatic about my computer. Must go now and get away from it. xoxo

sulu-design said...

My former principal used to end every morning announcement with the phrase, "Have a productive day." You would've made Mr. Parker proud today. And, oh, I love that bug!

Christy said...

What a great bug, love the wings. Nice job on all that work

Greeley said...

Congratulations on selling your screen!

Julia said...

Oh when, when, when will you sell your bugs in your shop? I must have one of these bugs with wings to match my mouse! Hope I don't sound to whiny, hehe.

maritza said...

Thanks guys!

Julia - Thanks! I have put bugs up in my shop, but they just go quickly. For some reason, people like the bugs more than any of the other critters. I will be stocking the shop full of bugs and zaubermaus and all sorts of other critters (even a few new designs) after May 20, so please keep an eye out for that. I will post on here, too, when I do, to let you all know. Thanks again!