17 May 2007

2 days

soto softies cards

Wow - thank you all for your support! I so appreciate all your comments. I hope I didn't come across as some crazy insecure whinger or that batty relative who gives you the whole "you never call, you never write" schpiel whenever she sees you. I really don't want to be one of those "enough-about-me, now-tell-me-more-about-my-eyes" bloggers because really, who wants to hear that? I've just had my head stuck in all this production, and when I came up for air, I had that sudden sharp panic before the show - all that unnecessary and cumbersome worry that I'd been avoiding just hit me, thoughts like, "What if I am completely bat-shit insane and I am the only person who thinks this is cool? What if this is just total non-sense and a waste of time and no one appreciates this except for my friends who come over and see me working and what if they're lying to be nice because they like me and don't want to hurt my feelings? What if this is all crap?" See? Complete and utter ridiculousness. I'd like to think I am not normally like that or that I've gotten better about it at least. Ehhhh, it's a work in progress....

Anyhoo! Thank you all again. I would hug you all if I could.

Right now, I am finishing up a couple more screens/patchwork canvases and putting the finishing touches on things so we can spend a good chunk of tomorrow setting up. I've been putting "soto softies" stickers on bags, printing labels for the softies, and organizing a few things. I should probably try to finish up the mantis, but to be honest with you, I am struggling with these new designs a bit. I can either rush these two that are almost done and show up with something that could look like poo, or I can take my time and really do these up. I realize I have had quite a bit of time to work on these, and they kept getting pushed back in favor of other projects. I am a little disappointed in myself, but right now I really have no choice but to forge ahead and work with what I do have done. I can wallow in self-pity, or I can focus on the details, like all the branding and such. I choose to work on the details now, which reminds me, my cards arrived today. The top card in the photo above is my old business card, that I designed and printed here at home. The bottom card is one of my new cards that just arrived from Overnight Prints. Basically, Matt took my original design and tweaked it in Illustrator, and we had them printed for nice and cheap. I took a cue from Emily and decided to have the corners rounded just because I like the way it looks and it works well with the design. So yay! New cards! Woohoo! Now that I've oohed and ahhhed over them enough, I better get back to work.

Thanks again!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE the rounded corners--they totally make the card! I really like the way it echoes the circles in your logo. Way to go branding!

Steph said...

I love those cards, and the rounded corners make them look even cooler!

Ashley said...

Oh, I love the cards! They are absolutely delish!

Sonya said...

Those cards are beauties.

TheWhiteSeal said...

I just came across your blog, it was a really interesting read! On the subject of label printing, i actually get all my labels printed by a british labels company for a really low price. If anyone is at all interested then it may be worth taking a look at their website as they do all types of label printing.