13 May 2007

6 days - 6 buggy friends

These six will be at the open studio and will be posted onto my etsy shop afterwards. For more (coughcoughbettercough) photos of these, check out my flickr page please.

Same thing with these two zaubermausi:

critters - new zaubermausi in chair

Thank you to everyone who commented about the studio. I wish we could say it was our studio, but it belongs to Matt's friend Bob, who was kind enough to lend it to us while he is away and who urged us to partake of the open studios there. The studios in this building are outrageously gorgeous, and the location couldn't be better, with a ton of galleries on the street level. The light is much better there than in my studio, which is why I am doing a photo session there with all my softies on Friday. (Also, can I tell you how much I am drooling over Bob's sewing machines? He has three machines - one is industrial, one is super-old, and the other is just a regular ol' Singer, but still just wonderful.) My studio, which is actually a corner in our living room, looks like this, except right now it looks like there was a small explosion right in the middle, with scraps of fabric and bits of stuffing and half-finished projects everywhere. Speaking of which, I better get back to it.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Hope you have a fantastic day and are lavished properly. (Ummmmm, Mom & Barbara, I swear I will lavish you properly once I get back to NY. Love you lots!)

2 comments:

knittingphilistine said...

Wow, you've been busy. Love all the sweet buggy critters (esp. that no.4!). Hope your open studio draws a crowd. You deserve to be discovered. :)

Marisa said...

Love your new bugs! What an adorable bunch. They could infest my house anytime.