29 May 2007

life as we know it has totally changed

a-gamescreen1

One of the collaborative projects that Matt and I have been working on is printing our own fabric. Matt has fixed up the basement and turned it into a working print shop, which thrills me to no end. Seriously, I have been jonesing to print for way too long. It's funny, too, because recently Abby had asked me if I ever thought of printing onto fabric and making the screens/patchwork canvases with those fabrics. It was as if she had totally read my mind because Matt and I had been discussing that and toying with taking different drawings, scanning them, then tweaking on them in Illustrator and making patterns. What we have here is Matt's first go at it with a design he had been playing with:

a-gamescreen5

I should mention that each repeat is about 10 x 12 inches. We also have some prints of that funny cat screen that Matt made, which I will use for softies. The prints that are not 100% will be used for a new series of patchwork canvases:


catprints2

Same goes for these funny little bunny/mermaid prints:

bunnymermaid

bunnymermaidonfabric

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about all of this. Next up, we will print up some of my designs. (I'm just being extremely anal about them right now.)

P.S. - Thanks for the birthday wishes, but it is not yet my birthday. Sorry if I misled anyone into believing it was. I appreciate the well-wishes, though. I was just saying that I get a huge case of the existential blues when it's around the corner, and it is coming up soon. Like in two weeks. Ew. I'm going to a happy place now.

10 comments:

t-roy said...

Wow wow wow... those prints are incredible. Kudos to both of you!

Sonya said...

I love it - something that has been on my desire to do list as well. Inspiring!

Sarah said...

I miss printing soooo much! Lucky ducklings! Looks FABOO! Cant wait to see what you make!

Steph said...

wow, I've been dreaming of printing on fabric too, mainly because it's so hard to find what I want! They look great, I hope you'll spill the beans when you have found a good production method ;-)

sulu-design said...

The fabric rocks. Totally rocks.

Greeley said...

Amazing! See you at lunch

pamela wynne said...

These are fantastic! And how exciting to start a new project together -- can't wait to see more. :)

kris said...

incredibly cool! i love it all! can't wait to see what designs you've been cooking up.

Julia said...

I looove your print designs! they're awesome! I especially love the cat 9neat swooshing tail) and the very top picture.

Ashley said...

Oooh, that's so exciting! Next thing you know you'll have your own fabric line :)