28 May 2007

monday... meh....

Excuse me, but I just can't muster the creative energy to come up with a clever title. So yep, that's what we're going to go with for now. The weekend was a mixed bag, but fortunately overall, there was way more good than there was bad or ugly. Even the bad and the ugly were no big deal, really. I just let it get the best of me at the moment, and now I am over it. Well, kinda.... I always go into an existential panic around my birthday. It's not the fear of getting older that I experience; it's the fear of not accomplishing all that I set out to within a year's time. Anyhoooo.... I didn't get much work done with it being so absolutely gorgeous out and all, but I did get to check out a cool bookstore and go to the Museum of Natural History with Beba, go fabric shopping with Diana, load up on buttons for a few projects that I have in the planning stages, play the consumer some more and treat myself to a new pair of Keds, and check out various restaurants and caf├ęs in the neighborhood (oh the ice cream at Christine's is just divine).

Tomorrow, it's back to the sewing machine for me. I've got a few things that I am dying to share here that I am almost finished with, and I will also be working on a whole new batch of Secret Agent Lovebugs. Sleep is beckoning me right now, however. I'm calling it an early night....

P.S. - I made it to the Etsy front page yesterday with one of my squirrels, a first for me, so hooray for little victories! Today, I posted a big batch of pocket squirrels on the shop. Please check 'em out.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats for the front page spot! I never know how people catch that! Can't wait to see the new projects.

Cristina said...

i get like that around my b-day too...it will pass. the photos are beautiful! happy tuesday to you.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Considering all the amazing things you've done in the past year, I can't wait to see what's in store this year :-)

sulu-design said...

Happy birthday, and congratulations on the esty feature. SO COOL! I love the button photos. Perhaps it's my anal-retentive side, but I love photos of things lined up in tidy little rows.