08 May 2007

second bug (loves project spectrum)

second bug tip-toes through the tulips... and the daffies take 2

You know, sometimes when I get totally into whatever I'm working on, I fail to notice the obvious things around me. Like I overlook the huge button on my sidebar that says "Project Spectrum," and I forget that the Project Spectrum colors for April and May are pink, green, and yellow. And it takes reading this on the purl bee to remind me. DOH! Just about every critter/bug/softy I've worked on for the last month has had green in it. Granted, I have been a hopeless slacker about my Green Sock Knitalong socks, but clearly, I have been playing with the color a lot lately. It's my favorite - if I were to have a favorite and all....

For now, let me introduce to you Second Bug. Yeah yeah, I know, what an incredibly inventive and creative name! Right now I am more concerned with amassing these; I'll get around to naming them once they are all done. Here it is playing with first bug:

second bug & first bug share a laugh

Actually first bug is holding second bug up because second bug is a little top-heavy. I am considering making another pair of legs and attaching them to the butt so that it can balance itself. After all, bugs do have six legs - so it would be accurate as far as that goes. Maybe I can even push a specific species' traits onto the legs and make this a cutesy katydid. Right now, I am happy about the fact that I learned how to make poseable arms:

secondbugdetail

And I swear to you, the placement of this flower was completely unintentional, but like a five year old, I can't help but laugh about it:

second bug butt

Okay, back to work for me. More finished stuff tomorrow.

16 comments:

Ashley said...

I heart Second Bug so very much. And I actually think Second Bug is a perfectly respectable name for him.

grumperina said...

Haha, flower butt. Love both bugs!

Laura said...

Second bug is great. I like his flowered bum!

Lisa K. said...

Yes, First Bug needed a playmate.

I love the flower booty, too!

Sarah said...

I think Franklin and Sequoia are good names. And I'm jealous because I don't have a flower on my bum!

Ashley said...

Ooohhh..Second Bug is so great! The flower on the tooshie tops it all! *sigh* Now I want a bug so badly...

~goes off to haunt etsy~

-Ashley-

Ani said...

Your work is so amazing! Lovely, sweet and full of personality.

Flower booty can't be beat!

seedless grape said...

So cute! I love the antennae and the eyes. And the flowered bottom is funny, too!

Sonya said...

I love that last shot - the stance and those shoes!! Too good!

knittingphilistine said...

Love the sweet buggies!

minecreations said...

love it! your detail is just incredible and it's great to see the evolution from first to second bug.

Steph said...

Those two are so cute, they should have their own TV show, I'm not kidding! It's just incredible to see what you keep coming up with, how your softies are changing and your craft is advancing. I'm so excited every time I look at 'Friendly Face' that I have one of the first soto softies :-)

Marisa said...

This flower is so cute. I think all the rest of them will need to have something similar in order to keep the cute theme going. Nice work! Amazed at how well they stand up on their own.

catiepillars said...

everytime you make something it makes my heart beat fast!

lookwhaticando said...

Oh...I love the flower on the bum...LOVE IT!! Gorgeous!!!xoxox

Cristina said...

these little guys are ADORABLE!!