06 May 2007

yay for swaps! - the doll quilt edition

Hooray! Yesterday, I received my doll quilt from the creative and extremely talented Susan at chickenfoot. I love it! The details are just beautiful. The quilt itself is deceptively simple. It's got a nice, clean, modern design. All the squares are hand-appliquéd, and the hand-quilted stitches around the squares are so perfect, I've been oohing and ahhing over them since yesterday. I have been inspired, actually, to finally try my hand at hand-quilting. It's just beautiful! Thanks Susan, for such a beautifully crafted doll quilt! And thank you for the other goodies as well - the adorable little felted balls, the pretty vintage buttons, the circles ready for appliqué, and the vintage needles and pins. It was such a thoughtful package.

And a huge thank you to Lisa at Losabia for organizing this whole swap. It was a lot of fun to be a part of this swap. Thanks Lisa!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It's so lovely! I love the crisp cleanness of the red & white, and the hand-quilting details. Someday, someday...

Julia said...

Score! That is such a cute little quilt. I love red and white together, so fresh and clean. Home-y feeling, yet modern too.

susan said...

teehee, thanks everyone! and i really am so pleased that you like my quilt maritza.