02 June 2007

7 random things (and then some)

First, I was tagged by Sarah a couple of weeks ago, but things were crazy busy then and I wasn't able to make the time for it. Now, I've been tagged by Cristina as well, so here goes....

7 random things about me

1. I hate everything about peanut butter - the color, the texture, the flavor, the smell. I shudder just thinking about it.
2. I am a loner. Big time. I love spending time by myself. Which works out beautifully because Matt travels a lot, so we are never in each other's hair, and absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.
3. It's driving me crazy that I haven't finished a knitting project in months. I miss knitting socks so badly, and I must have a finished pair (or two) before the end of the summer.
4. I love boots. I wear them all the time, even in the summer. (I actually find that they are kinder to my feet than sandals, i.e. don't funk 'em up.) I am a huge proponent of boots worn with skirts and dresses. Love the way it looks and love the way it feels to wear 'em.
5. I am a light packer when I travel. I'm kinda militant about it. If I can't fit it into whatever bag I am throwing over my shoulder, then I don't need it. Matt drives me crazy because he is just the opposite. When we are getting ready to go somewhere, I get heart palpitations - the bad kind - if I stop for a moment to watch him pack. My sister is an over-packer, too, and even as children, that drove me frigging bananas. Watching her pack every t-shirt, tank top, and pair of shorts she owned for a two month long trip to PR, knowing there would be a washing machine at the house and a line to hang it all on in the back, silently exasperated me. (That said, it is possible for over-packers and light-packers to co-exist peacefully, and I love all the over-packers in my life, however silly I think they may be for packing a jacket to the beach.)
6. I love watching "So You Think You Can Dance," and I am not ashamed to admit it.
7. I have not had a cigarette in a little over 2 years now, and I don't miss smoking at all.

And since we're sharing and all, my collaborative funnybunnymermaids with Matt are done:


And, the most exciting news of all, the taotao#7 I ordered from WAWAYA arrived yesterday:

wawaya taotao7

Can I tell you how much I adore this little toy? I LOVE IT! She is the keeper of the machine right now, defending it from wayward cats who have decided that sleeping among the piles of fabric on my worktable is fine and frickin' dandy. She is so cute and so endearing. Love her! And I was shocked at how fast she got here. I am even saving the packaging because it is also absolute cuteness. Thank you so much gnip!

wawayataotaokeepingthemachine

And oh, I almost forgot to tell you.... DOH! How could I forget this? I finally heard the news. I am in PlushYou!2007. I'm in!!! Woohoo!!!! *little samba of joy* Thank you Kristen! I am pretty psyched about this and looking forward to working on my three for the exhibition.

Okay, gotta run, literally. It's a nice day for running, and I saw so many people out there doing so while I was running my errands earlier that I've been inspired. I'm going for a jog before I go back to work. Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

sarah said...

I knew there was no way I could have gotten in and you didn't. CONGRATS!

Mama Urchin said...

Congrats! And I love WAWAYA, I have a dragon from that I love.

Christy said...

She looks like a very capable defender against cats. So cool.

But hating Peanut Butter! Hmmm, I don't know if I can read the blog anymore considering my insane addication to PB&J sandwichs ;)

Greeley said...

yay

Sonya said...

Those mermaids are really wonderful and I love the samba dance of joy, but need to admit my out-of-itness is PlushYou!2007 an exhibit or book? I want more info, I crave it!

cristina said...

your meme is HILARIOUS! i've never known anyone to hate pb so much!
ooh and CONGRATS!!!

Ashley said...

YAY! What's going--the old constructed softies or the new guys? Or both?

Melissa said...

congrats on all of your achievements lately! i couldn't decide on which post to comment on, everything looks wonderful! yay!