29 June 2007

delayed response - huge thanks

I would like to take a moment to thank the folks at Plush You! for featuring me on their delightful blog. Many thanks, guys! It means a lot to me. Since we are off to NYC later this evening for a very last minute project, I am afraid I will not be able to update the shop this weekend, but I promise that there will be a small update by Tuesday. Please stay tuned for that.

Also, I would like to thank Duggan Hill of Boston City Lights for the opportunity to go to Maine and be a part of "Dance Camp." This man is an amazing, dynamic person! If I there is anyone in the world whose biography I would love to write, it is his. He and his wonderful wife, Tianne, a linguistics professor, have for the last 20 years or so run an excellent dance program in the South End providing free dance classes to the local school children. They have also expanded to Maine, where we just had a 10-day dance camp, and are now doing something like that in Paris this December. Their love of dance combined with their love of teaching has provided an important outlet of expression, a place of growth and a sense of community for these kids. I love what they are doing.

Happy Friday, folks!

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

Yay! Your softie looked great on Plush You. Nice feature!