11 June 2007

happy feet

Awwwwww yeah! After seeing these beauties and these lovelies, I knew I had to knit this pattern:

Monkeys - done!4

pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
yarn: Koigu P119
needles: Addi Turbo size US 1 (magic loop)
modifications: heel stitch heel and round toe

Monkeys - done!5

Love the toe! I am a fan of the round toe, not because I hate grafting (because heaven help me, I like doing the kitchener), but because it better suits the shape of my feet:

Monkeys - done! - toes

Note, the white blur is JJ scampering in the background. He was very focused on my photo shoot this morning and managed to get in just about every shot. Ahhhhhh, the joy of pets....

10 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

They're beautiful!!
And thanks for the nod.

diana said...

You're done! And they're gorgeous!

Steph said...

mmmh, they are soo pretty. The more monkeys I see, the more I want to knit a pair too!

Julia said...

I love your monkeys!! And that shade of Koigu...so unusual and different from the usual blues, purples, and reds people use.

kris said...

yep, definitely beautiful! and in yummy koigu!

i think i'm the only person who hasn't knit these yet. shame on me! they even have a round toe!

Lolly said...

I love them - just perfect :)

pamela wynne said...

They look great!! Koigu Monkeys might be The Perfect Sock. :)

Christy said...

What happy monkeys. I love them.

Sonya said...

Oh Monkey Socks, love them so. I think I will need to make a pair. Yours are so lovely. Man, you are a speedy knitter

samantha said...

fantastic socks - is the pattern as tricky as it looks? i have yet to move on from the basic ribbed sock version :)