07 June 2007

WIP 'em out

WIP - lovebug bodies

So much on the plate, and it seems like nothing is getting done. I am moving like molasses these days. I am taking today to finish up the latest batch of lovebugs and mini-manti and to work on a couple of commission pieces, so that everything will be ready by the weekend, when we have some friends coming to stay with us.

WIP - dollquilt

WIP - dollquilt - detail

Also in the cue is this little doll quilt, which was inspired by this lovely quilt by Hilary of wee wonderfuls, who was in turn inspired by this beauty that was in the Tokyo International Quilt Festival. This is my first attempt at hand-quilting, and I have to say, it is quite relaxing. I'm starting to get the hang of it, and I am starting to move a little faster with it. Can't wait to finish this up because this is so going on my wall.

WIP - flowergarden doll quilt

Speaking of getting the hang of things, I can now baste these hexagons to paper in my sleep, and whip-stitching them together is pretty quick and easy, too. Guess what project I am taking with me to dance camp next week? Oh yeah, we're going to dance camp. I'll tell you all about that later. For now, I am dreaming of a couple of pretty little flower garden dolls quilts, or maybe something more contemporary.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day!

9 comments:

Knit Freak said...

I am in love with the doll quilt!!!!! and I am so happy you are still as obsessed with so you think i can dance as I am! But this year you are not allowed to call to discuss who won until you know I saw the finale ;) Miss ya

maritza said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! Dude, how many times can I say AH'M SORREH! I was so excited about Benji winning, I just lost my head. Did you watch it last night?

Mama Urchin said...

Those mini mani's look deflated up there.

Ruby's Daughter said...

Production softies waiting for life. I like it!

sarah said...

You have been a busy little lamb, haven't you! Don't lie, you're going to dance camp so you can try out for So You Think You Can Dance next season, aren't you!?

Ashley said...

Oof, I know what you mean--I have an entire dining-room table of wristlets staring me in the face, and I just cannot get motivated: it's too nice out. (Don't worry--yours went out today!) Here's hoping we both find the will to craft!

Hillary said...

ooh! I love your little + quilt!

Julia said...

That first photo made me think: "the ants go marching by three by three, hurrah, hurrah!" Haha. And I love the colors in your quilt! And the design, and the neat handquilting ripple design. Good stuff.
Maybe i can actually manage to jump on a mantis this time before they're gone.

Liz said...

Oh my, the doll quilt is lovely, the fabric for your hexagons are great and I just love the photo of the softies - it made me laugh!