31 July 2007

got nothing but flowers for you

dahlias at home

Instead of toiling away as I promised myself this morning, I got distracted by the garden. Taking a cue from Jane at yarnstorm, I decided to gather up the wee orange dahlias that have bloomed. Granted, hers are a larger variety, but these little guys have been bursting like crazy in our little garden all summer. They did extremely well this season. The dinner-plate variety have yet to bloom; I'm not sure if they will. Hey, at least we tried. The stalks are pretty lush and tall, so who knows? They might bloom yet. For now, I have these little beauties to feast my eyes on:

I don't think I have enjoyed or appreciated the color orange as much as I have recently. It's so juicy and vibrant. The color on these little dahlias is so gorgeously intense. I just love 'em. It makes me want to play more with orange in my work. Hmmmm, we'll see....

5 comments:

Haley said...

LOVE this gorgeous orange color. yummy!

Ashley said...

Oooh, so pretty. I'm ot usually one for dahlias, but I've been kind of obsessed with them this year.

Emily said...

They look so pretty in that blue bowl! So cheerful.

Jane said...

Your dahlias are beautiful. I love the way you've put them in such a richly coloured vase.

Geek Booteek said...

Love the blog!! We made Plushies too!!