04 July 2007

independence

happy independence day!

One year ago, I was reeling from the shock of having quit my dreadful job of two years (walking out before my notice was up because I had decided I could not stand one more minute of harassment and degradation from my unhinged co-worker), and Matt and I made the decision to move to Massachusetts because there was no time like the present to make the move and get out of NY and into something new (for me, at least). I am so happy we made that leap. I have a very long way to go before I can say I have succeeded at this thing I am trying to do here, but I am doing something I love and having a great time at it. It's a lot of work, but every step I take feels like I am headed in the right direction. I am looking forward to September and its many deadlines and opportunities.

Here's to every artist/designer/crafter/creative sort who has taken a leap of faith to do what they want. You are all an inspiration to me.

8 comments:

diana said...

What a wonderful decision you made! You're an inspiration!

Melissa said...

i certainly second that you are such an inspiration! there are so many things i want to do, but that leap of faith is just so hard for me right now.....although i just might have something in the works! ;)

we miss you here in lic, but i'm glad that you are happy, healthy and doing what you love!

Steph said...

Just what I needed to hear today....:-)

futuregirl said...

Congratulations. I hope things keep feeling 'right' to you.

Marisa said...

I admire you so much for your decision. I so wish in the bottom of my heart that I could do something very similar. Thank you for sharing that story. If I ever break free, I'll let you know.

Penguin & Fish said...

here here! congrats!

Christy said...

I meant to comment on this earlier, but I just want to say that you have a lot of courage. As I am started to reevaluate what my dreams actually are and if I'm trying to go for them (as I am currently unemployed), I can see how much courage and strength it can take to really put your work out there.
Good work. I love seeing all your new creations.

sulu-design said...

I've had this fabulous post marked in my bloglines forever now and thought I should finally comment on what a terrific sentiment it is and how you've been such an inspiration in this department. The way you've jumped in full force with your sewn work has been phenomenal - here's to such fierce independence!