23 July 2007

zakka-attack - more pin cushions

More pin cushions will be up in the shop later today. I have one Zaubermaus and four Secret Agent LoveBugs going up, too, but I really couldn't take a decent photo of any of them with the skies so overcast and the light in the apartment so gloomy. I have opted not to spend the time and effort to Photoshop them to the nines when I know it's just not going to work (and I've got a slew of other stuff to get done in the next couple of days before my family comes up). Hence, they will be up in the shop bright and early *ahem, really, I mean it, cross my heart and all* tomorrow morning.

Did anyone watch "Rock of Love" last night? I am not ashamed to admit that after watching the premiere episode over here, I am hooked to this circus of stupidity. I am not really one for watching TV, but this is hysterically funny, particularly for me because well, I used to hang out with some people that totally remind me of a few of the girls on there, like to a very scary degree. (Yeah, I hung out with a motley of characters - judge me not, or go ahead and judge, whatever.) Fortunately, these people are not in my life anymore; there comes a time when you have to be brutally honest with yourself and just admit you're outgrown certain friendships and move on. Watching this show, however, takes me back in a very safe way. And it makes me laugh until it hurts. One of my favorite bloggers ever (non-crafting/knitting) does a recap for VH1 blog, and it is possibly even more hysterical than the show itself. If you loved hair bands in the 80s and have a penchant for cheese, definitely check out this horror-show when you get the chance. It does not disappoint.

Jesus, did I just write a whole paragraph about TV, about a reality show, no less? About a show starring Bret Michaels? Oh boy.... Yeaaaaahhhhhh, ummmmmmmm, I need to get out or something. All the rain and gray must be getting to my brain....

5 comments:

Ashley said...

There is a REALITY SHOW starring BRETT MICHAELS? Why did no one tell me about this before?????

diana said...

Must watch rock of love immediately! If not sooner!

knittingphilistine said...

Cable why have I had to cancel thee??? Why am I now watching DVDs of I, Claudius rather than Rock of Love??? Something has gone terrribly, terribly wrong...

PS: Love the Zakka pin cushions!

Grace said...

I can't wait to see these new critters that you'll be putting up. I love reading fourfour!! His recaps are so hilarious!

Steph said...

Love those pincushions!