07 August 2007

distraction

I have been super-distracted the last couple of days. There has been the necessary distraction of cleaning before the hairballs take over:

and the work-related distraction of making more "thank you" cards to enclose with orders:

There has been the pleasant distraction of knitting:

there's knitting... on my cat!

(Hey, look Diana! It's a sock! On my cat!)

a new bauble:

my new bauble

and summer reading to catch up on:

summer reading

Regarding the bauble, which was a belated birthday gift from some family, I have to say that although I am not a big jewelry person, I LOVE this:

my new bauble

I adore the crazy mix of colors going on there, contained within a single, simple wide bangle. Love it!

Another welcome and happy distraction was celebrating Matt and my wedding anniversary yesterday. I spent the whole day with my favorite person in the world, doing what we do best - hanging out and eating at the various spots in our neighborhood. We had breakfast at The Biscuit, walked around Somerville for a bit, almost got caught in the rain, went for lunch at Darwin's, got caught in the rain, went for dinner at Chez Henri (amazing food, gorgeous artful presentation!), where it turned out the couple sitting right next to us were also celebrating their second anniversary. It was a wonderfully relaxing day spent in the best company ever. *sappy content alert* I am so lucky and so happy to share my life with Matt. We may not always see eye-to-eye on everything, but I love him tremendously. And he makes my life richer in so many ways.

I'm back in production mode now, hoping to have a dozen more softies cut and sewn tonight. My goal right now is to have enough softies made so that I can re-stock the shop on Friday and not have to worry about not having enough for the Open Studio. I am not even sure what that number may be, but right now, I'm thinking it's about 2 dozen. Ew, I don't want to even think about numbers. I just have to get busy.... Which means I will probably not be around these parts as much because let's face it, blogging takes time, especially when your internet connection keeps crapping out on you and behaving like dial-up despite the fact that it's cable (damn you, Comcast!). I just don't have the time for it right now. (That would be the unpleasant distraction I've experienced today. I swear, it was giving me chest pains just to check my email with the frustration on not being able to connect and open pages.) So I apologize in advance for not being in touch and commenting on blogs or returning emails over the next couple of weeks. I hope to be in touch with you all by Friday.

7 comments:

Haley said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so great to read about people who are really happy with their spouses. We will miss you as you cut and sew away, but seeing your next bunch of cuties will make it well worth it.
As to your crappy internet--sorry to hear it. Aren't unexpected delays the worse? Mine today was a flooded basment! Good times.

sarah said...

Don't stress too much! If anyone can do it, it's you!

Also, as far as tags go, you can just buy those fabric sheets that can go through your printer and make your own, if you want. They don't fray, and most likely, that's what I buy from the girl on etsy!

Liz Harvatine said...

I LOVE that bracelet! What beautiful colors!
Congratulations on your anniversary! It sounds like you had an awesome day. Having three great meals at three great restaurants is my kind of a day!

sulu-design said...

Boy, oh boy, do I know what you mean about distraction and not being able to tend to your blog habits (reading and posting). But I'm so happy to be able to catch up with you today. Happy anniversary! Sounds like it was perfect. And I LOVE that bangle. Such goodness going on around your way!

cristina said...

happy anniversary!! glad you guys had a good one.

p.s. is that "kafka on the..." a good book? i'm looking for a good novel to read...

diana said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful day. All days should begin with breakfast at the biscuit and end with tostones at chez henri. And I lurve your bracelet!!!

Ashley said...

You still fight the hairballs? I surrendered long ago.

Happy anniversary to you and Matt--I hope the rest of your week is just as happy and full of delicious food, even if it is consumed with production sewing!!