02 August 2007

focus

Chuck

Thank you all for all of your encouraging comments about Woody! It made me all warm and fuzzy to read them. And thanks for all the label info and your input regarding the different blog hosts. I'm still considering the possibility of starting my own website and tying the blog into that. I think the most important thing for me is to have a quick and easy-to-navigate gallery of softies for people to access. I also like the idea of a fancy splash page and a nicely designed info page. Ahhhh, the possibilities....

Right now, I am reminded that I need to focus. I need to make a ton of softies for September, and I also need to keep the shop stocked. As I make critters over the next few days and weeks, the majority of my work will be going towards the Open Studio. However, some of those pieces will be up in the shop afterwards, mid-September. I will keep you all posted on that.

Meanwhile, this little guy here is killing me. I was laughing to myself (yes, like a total crazy-person) the whole while I was making him. Why? Because he's got fingerguns! Like, "Bang-bang! King Kong ain't got nothing on me!" Like he's doing a funny little dance. Like he's hokey-pokeying along. Like he's saying, "Hey, now! How's it going, Sunshine?*wink*" Like he should be wearing aviator sunglasses and possibly chasing bad-guys around in his Chevy Impala, breaking out into some kung-fu once he's got 'em cornered:

Chuck with aviators

Pardon the world's crappiest Photoshop job, please.

His name is Chuck, by the way, and it kinda fits personality-wise. Not sure whether or not he will be a part of Saturday's shop update yet, but I think there are a couple more woodchucks that may be. Gah! I better get back to work!

17 comments:

Lisa K. said...

Oh, my God, he's

GIVIN' GUNS!!

Is "Chuck" the sound in the back of the cheek that those guys with too-big...opinions of themselves make when they're givin' guns and asking things like, "Hey, Sexxxyyyy. (chuck, chuck) How YOU doin'?"

Haha, I just asked my husband what to call that sound and he said it sounded like a gun being cocked.

IT. SURE. DOES.

.:soplador:. said...

cute litle cool hands!!!

Artsy Momma said...

Please please PLEASE add one to your shop. I, I mean my daughter desperately wants a "King Kong's got nothing on me" Woodchuck, chuck.

minecreations said...

i LOVE those tiny little fingers! amazing what you keep coming up with (i love woody too!). amazing.

Ashley said...

He is killing me DEAD with those guns. Oh, Chuck--who knew I could love anyone any more than Woody? AND YET.

Seriously, I have now clutched at my heart like four times just THINKING about his finger guns.

Julia said...

Oh, oh, I love the woodchucks! What a personality! And I thought your photoshop job was good...I thought you really had put aviators on him! Oh, and I want one!!

Liz said...

Oh my goodness - he is so cute. I love his hands - they make me laugh!

diana said...

ARGH! I love Chuck. The hands are perfect. And, sadly, I think I dated the human version of Chuck.

Haley said...

i want one too! so adorable. i love both your woodchucks. your softies keep getting more and more adorable! love them!

Grace said...

Chuck is just as cute as Woody! I love them both. You’re seriously going to make me go broke if you keep adding cute critters to your shop!

sarah said...

I had a little internal moment of love and shock and awe when I saw Chuck, givin' me the guns. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I know you are crazy busy now, but would you like to do a swap sometime? Because I need a woodchuck to give me the guns and make me feel like a sexy minx!

Jenna said...

That is over the top cute. Thanks for sharing.

sulu-design said...

From the second I saw that first photo, I was in love with little Chuck 'cause of his gunhands. What an awesome idea - I don't know if I've ever seen softies with posed hands before. The possibilities are endless...

Stella said...

The hands... THE HANDS! I can't even formulate a full sentence about them.

kris said...

iiiiih! that is fantastic! look at his hands! and his ears! way to go, maritza.

Barbara said...

Love Chuck! I was giggling so much reading your description of him, and nearly fell off my chair seeing him in the sunglasses.

Showed my fiancee the picture and read that paragraph to him, and he just smiled and shook his head. Because he knows I feel the same way when making a softie. Sometimes such a strong character emerges as your making them, you can't help laughing to yourself :)

Emily said...

He is badass! I love it that he can stand up!