13 September 2007

and so the penguins begin their journey

the penguins are coming!

The penguins are all done and ready to go on their march to the studio, where they will be hanging out this weekend.

the penguins are coming!

Also at the studio will be this trio of zaubermausi:

Zöe

Mimi

Will

You know, I am just ridiculously excited about this weekend. I am so psyched and feel so ready. I'm actually a little surprised at myself because I am feeling so good about this and not letting the petty ugly things get to me. And there are tons of yucky little things nipping at my feet here, including the underwhelming response we seem to getting from our "real life" friends. I'm just not letting it get to me. I don't have the time or the patience for worry right now. I'm too excited anyway. My business cards and tags aren't here yet? No probs. I'll print my own tags on the computer tonight. I am still finishing a couple more works. If I can get them done - great. If not, no big deal. They'll go into the shop or towards something else that's looming luminously and bursting with hope on the horizon. I have to admit, as if you couldn't tell from my usual bouts of self-doubt and worry, my confidence is not the strongest. I question myself and my abilities (or lack thereof) at the drop of a hat. In this case, however, I just don't feel that way at all. I'm hoping this weekend will rock, because I am definitely bringing it! Woohooo!!!

15 comments:

Julia said...

Maybe the response is underwhelming because your friends aren't crafty? Who knows! If I had a friend doing this kind of work, I would love it! And own more toys than I probably should because I'd see them all the time. (Right now I own two of yours...a mini mantis and a maus and they are my favorite! I'm sure I will buy at least one more in the future!) At any rate it seems like you are getting more successful (I've been seeing your little guys around in blogland) so rock on!

Haley said...

if i lived closer, i would SO be there! just know that no matter what happens, you and your softies rock! totally. if you have anyone left over, they will be snatched from your etsy shop in no time. have a fun and happy weekend! by the way, my favorite penguin is the one with the light blue scarf.

Haley said...

to clarify, the one with the tan, yellow and orange eyes and light blue scarf.

Haley said...

because i know you were really concerned about which one is my favorite.

Mama Urchin said...

Oh I hope some of those penguins make into your etsy shop. I hope you really do well this weekend too but you know, I want a penguin too.

diana said...

The awesomeness of this weekend will far surpass the awesomeness of Heather's hair!

sarah said...

You always bring it. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And if they don't... then they're misinformed!

grumperina said...

It will ROCK. Bret style. See you there!

Greeley said...

Can't wait to see the show! Is there a website like there was for sowa art walk? Do you want me to bring you lunch?

sugarcreekstuff said...

some people just dont get the homemade thing and tend to make you doubt yourself (and myself). But when I am at a show, surrounded by other artists and the response to my work is positive, well there is nothing better. I am sending positive vibes your way.

sulu-design said...

That little march of the penguins is the cutest photo I've seen in a LONG time. I just know they're going to be a hit.

Sonya said...

Here's a book your penguins might like to read before they go to bed at night.

http://www.jottodotcom.com/dreams/penguindreams.html

They are just too cute marching across the ironing board. Love them. Best of luck and do not let the non-crafty get you down.

kris said...

have a FANTASTIC weekend, maritza! wish i could have been there. your penguins ... swoon. any chance there will be some up for sale later?

jspad said...

The penguins are awesome, but it was Will who really spoke to me. I just had to bring him home!

Ani said...

I'm late to the comment here but ohmygosh! You make lovely, lovely critters. I hope that the the open studio is a raging success, you deserve it.