29 September 2007

eye-candy friday - the potential poetry of pears

Okay so it's a day late, but I just had to post this. I want to get back into eye-candy Friday because the truth is that I miss it. It has been so long since I have done an eye-candy Friday post because it's all been about the softies lately (well, that's pretty much the point of this whole bloggity thing), which is great because clearly, I love what I do, but you know, balance is important. Balance keeps you sane and helps to maintain your love for what you're doing. It prevents you from getting burnt out or bored. It keeps you fired up and inspired. I feel that these days, I've been trying to attain some balance. Although I don't post much about the other aspects of my life, there's more to my life than making toys.

Yesterday and the day before entailed a lot of running around, and I spent most of the day out of the house, which really, the weather could not have been more perfect for just that. And today has been like that, too. So this is a quick post and run here. I think I needed a couple of days to get things outside of this softie thing in order. Monday, I plan to throw myself back into the swing of things because I just found out last night that I got accepted to Boston's Bazaar Bizarre, which is happening at the Cyclorama (BCA) in the South End on Sunday, December 9th. Can I tell you how ridiculously excited I am about this? I am frigging ecstatic! I am so thrilled to be a part of this. Seriously, I am so happy that I was accepted. I really didn't know what would be the outcome when I applied (at Abby's suggestion), but I figured I had nothing to lose in trying. This does mean, however, that I have to buckle down ten fold and work my butt off the next couple of months (which is fine, as I have plenty of butt to spare). So being as production mode is going to be bumped up to double-time, I am just going to kick back and enjoy these last few days of Summer. Monday, I resume my madness. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

saw this pillow and thought of you, Maritza. Hope you're well!!

http://design-milk.com/hexa/

Ashley said...

Yay! That's great news! I'm excited to see what new little guys you come up with.

abbyjane said...

Hooray! I knew you'd get in. It is such a fun show and you'll do really well.

sarah said...

Congrats on Bizarre Bazaar! Mick arrived safely at my house today and I opened him up and squealed and cackled with glee. I want so much to keep him. I keep looking over to where he is perched and giggling. Thanks for saving him for us!

grumperina said...

Getting accepted to Bizarre Bazaar is absolutely awesome! It's a fun event with a ton of attendance, so you're right - better get crackin'! Yikes and yay!