14 September 2007

the finishing touches

I'm off to the studio to drop off a couple more softies, to tag and label and hopefully pick up some bags along the way, to arrange everything on the tables in an appealing fashion - basically, to put the finishing touches on everything because I want to be done with all that tonight. When I walk into the studio tomorrow morning, all I want to do is turn on the lights.

Check out the official South End Open Studios site for more info on all of the other artists who will be showing this weekend. The South End Open Market is also happening this weekend, and Tadpole is having their trunk show as well. So there is lots going on in this part of town this weekend. Please come by and check out all the good stuff. Hope to see some of you tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm signing off for the weekend. See you all on Monday after all the madness. Have a great weekend, folks!

OH! By the way, for anyone who is curious, you can catch a sneak peek at what I will have at the Open Studio here. And Manny will be available for sale. I am over my sentimental attachment. That, and I have come to the conclusion that shelf-space in our apartment is more valuable than gold (because we have almost none - there are 6 boxes of books that we still have not unpacked since we moved up here one year ago). Once October rolls on in, I am taking a wee break (about one week) from crafting and softie-making and spending a little bit of time working on our apartment because it is a bit of a mess right now, and there are definitely ways we can make it look better and make it a more efficient space without spending too much money. After this weekend, I have two big orders to fill, then the break, and then it's stocking the shop for the holidays, with a few more projects thrown in for good measure, of course. And I am blathering again, thinking aloud. Sorry about that. Love ya! Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

sulu-design said...

I'm so excited to hear how it all goes this weekend. I've been loving how positively you've approached the open studio and can only imagine that your positivity will rub off on visitors. Good luck, and have lots of fun!

Alice said...

Good luck! I know you will have a successful weekend!

Liz Harvatine said...

Good luck! I hope you have a great weekend! I wish I was out there to pop in!

Bev said...

I just discovered your softies and LOVE them! Best of luck (can I admit that I'm hoping you don't sell them all so that I can buy them on Etsy? ;)

Grace said...

I'll be there tomorrow I hope!! Can't wait to see all your critters in person, and I'll probably end up walking away with a few more to add to my collection!

sarah said...

Good luck! I wish I could be there. Manny would be comming home with me, if I was!

Shannon said...

I hope you are having an awesome weekend. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. Everything you make it so wonderful, I am sure it will be a success.

Ashley said...

Ok, I have been a super-lame commenter lately, because I keep marking your posts as unread in Bloglines so I can come back and write long and thoughtful comments on them later, and then just run out of time. But I hope this weekend went beautifully, that you sold everything (except for one single penguin for me to buy on Etsy :)) and that you are able to take some well-deserved rest over the next couple of days! Mwah.

Greeley said...

So sad I had to miss the open studios-- heard it went great for you! Poor Thor was sick and I had to take him out every 20 minutes all weekend.