27 September 2007

o frabjous day! callooh! callay!

the minis at rest

Thank you all so much for all of your orders! Everything is going out today, I am happy to report.

So the zaubermausi from yesterday's post are part of order that I am working on for Quiet Hours Toys. I am really excited to be working with Carey on this. Carey is absolutely wonderful, and her shop is is filled with delightful toys for all ages. There are more softies to come as part of this order, so you'll be hearing more on this in the coming days.

Also, I have been toying with the idea of self-publishing a pattern for one (or more, maybe) of my felt toys. Is there any interest out there for this? Would anyone be interesting in being a test-sewer? (Sewer? Is that the right word? Hmmmmm, sewer? I am not so sure. Seamstress, maybe? The point is I would truly appreciate if anyone is interested and available to test-sew a pattern.) Please let me know if anyone out there has any interest in this. Thoughts? Insights? Any and all feedback would be appreciated and welcome.

Hope you're all having a great day!

15 comments:

Ashley said...

If you don't get any other takers, I'm happy to volunteer, but you should probably get someone more experienced at pattern reading & cutting than I am.

Liz Harvatine said...

I would love to help out! I think publishing one of your patterns is a great idea.

Barbara Prime said...

You really should publish a pattern. I've done very well with mine, and it's fun seeing how people interpret them because everyone's style is different.

I would be happy to test a pattern for you, although I have only a small supply of felt.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, Patterns!! I would love to buy one of your patterns.

sarah said...

Test seamstress am I! And I would love your patterns!

hermitbill said...

I think it's a wonderful idea... I'm sure I'm not the only one who perves almost daily on your guys (esp. the penguins) and thinks wantwantwantwant - can't afford, esp with intl. shipping, etc.... and then starts thinking "I could make that..." and then has to severely castigate themselves for considering a design breach (or whatever you call it).
err.... or the short version.... what "anonymous" said.....

miguette said...

Very interested in a pattern! Your toys are just lovely.

Lynn said...

I'd love your patterns! And if you need a test sewer/seamstress, I'd love to help out!

belleandboo said...

I would make a right mess of it, probably sew it to my skirt or the sofa or something!
Your softies are as gorgeous a ever I love the little penguins in your Etsy shop

Preita said...

I wish I could sew, alas I only knit :) Love the new pic! :) If only you had a wildebeast no amount of money would be to high for me to pay to make it mine :)

sally said...

I would love to buy one of your patterns.

Anonymous said...

make a pattern for sure. you seem to have plenty of offers but I would definitely do a test sew for you. good luck! - Forestcreatures

Oiyi said...

I would love to Test Sew for you!

Haley said...

congratulations on all your new ventures. so excited for you! i'm an awful sewer, but i'm willing to try if you need more volunteers. congratulats again!

Sonya said...

Maybe pattern-tester? Whenever I type out 'sewer' I always want to add a letter because it just doesn't look right. Anyway, what a lovely site to sell your creations!