14 November 2007

in the shop by monday

So last week, as I was walking down the street with some friends, we walked past a Crate & Barrel that was already festooned with holiday ornaments and decorations and all sorts of eye-catching sparkly, spangly stuff. The only problem I saw with it was the fact that the date was November 5th - almost two months away from Christmas and although I'm not sure what date Hanukkah falls on this year, I'm sure it's still more than a month away too. When I went to the post office later in the week, the friendly dude behind the counter asked me if I wanted some holiday stamps. I think I may have involuntarily raised my eyebrows, like "Word?" because he laughed and said, "Yeah, gotta start early, you know." Looking through etsy these days, I know he's right. So I made some cards, which will be available in packs of 6 through my shop starting Monday. There are actually going to be two different sets available, one in a horizontal format and one vertical. And yes, they both feature the new mice. I was pretty happy with the photo shoot - I had fun putting everything together and liked most of the shots. I wanted to go for a very 70s, retro kind of look, like those old cards with photos of cutesy muppets or stop-action-animation-looking dolls in adorable situations. I think this comes pretty close. Anyway, I will let you all know as soon as they are officially up in the shop.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes PLEASE. Love, love, love.

Corinne said...

Your animals are so beautiful ! A great job as usualy...and some marvellous colors.

kris said...

eee! please let them not all be gone by the time i wake up tuesday morning. (stupid time difference)

Michelle said...

Aw, I love these cards!