04 November 2007

meet mischa mouse

mischa mouse

You ever get an idea and have the compulsive need to actualize it that very moment? That's what happened to me this morning. I was eating my cereal, when it suddenly hit me that it might be fun to make a mouse. Not a zaubermaus, although those are fun, too, but a mouse based partly on the bat and partly on the garden variety partiers. You see, I had been thinking about skateboards (for a reason I will share with you all soon enough), which in turn led me to think about a character I used to draw when I was in grade school and dreamed of becoming a cartoon animator, a little blue mouse by the name of Mischa who used to ride around on a little skateboard. So I got to cutting and sewing, and voĆ­la! Meet Mischa, the first in a small series of mice that I plan to work on. He's not quite finished yet. He's missing a tail; it's the one thing I hadn't quite figured out when working on him.



Funny thing about the fabric I used, too:

I bought one piece from this wonderful etsy seller, and one whole yard from ReproDepot, hoping to match the one I got from the etsy seller because I loved it so much and figured I would want more of it. Only for some reason, I was completely under the impression that the piece I bought on etsy had little twee brown mice, not blue ones. In this case, it works on a whole other fun level that the mice on the mouse are blue too. Okay, perhaps I am the only one who finds this so amusing.... Moving right along with our post....

Hope you are all having a wonderfully relaxing evening.

P.S. - Completely unintentional, but upon editing the photos, I realize that Mischa totally reminds me of Dalek's mouse dude (except my guy's not all stabby-farty). Weird, I wasn't thinking of Dalek's work or anything, but the similarity is very much there.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Adorable--and you know I love the meta mouse-on mouse. can't wait to see the whole series of these!

grumperina said...

I love the little mouse ears.

sarah said...

I"m not really seeing the resemblance. Yours is totally cuter!

Melissa said...

So, so cute!

Mama Urchin said...

I love that he's blue.