05 November 2007

people i heart - the knit list

Today, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up with Megan of the Knitting Philistine and Diana of Bestitched for lunch. I am fortunate to see Diana on a regular basis, but this was my first meeting with Megan. I must say, I heart these knitty archaeologists and hope to meet up with them again soon. I had a great time! Not much knitting was done, but there was lots of chat and getting to know each other and delicious sandwiches and Diana's adorable little one.

And because I have knit on the brain now that it's cold again ('tis the season and all), I have been adding to the stash:

(l to r: Raspberry, Guava, Orchid, Marina over Icicles, and Ivy)

Sundara Sock Yarn - What can I say about Sundara's yarn that hasn't been said a million times over already? She artfully dyes an already wonderful base yarn in sumptuous colors so brilliantly and skillfully, that she has earned her reputation with good reason. Last time I checked out her site, there was yarn to be had, so as Matt would say, I went a little "coo-coo-bananas" and stocked up. I also got myself some of her fabulous silk lace in Peacock:

and I can't wait to get knitting with it. I find myself petting it every day.

Also, I have to say, I am extremely tempted to right this very second cast on for a pair of long mittens like the ones seen in this spread in the latest issue of Blueprint (on right) with this Vesper self-striping yarn in Love Stinks! (Yeah Yeah) that I bought from Knitterly Things just the other day (on left):

My father-in-law, who is most definitely not a knitter, saw the yarn when I opened up the package and remarked on how gorgeous he thought the colors were and oohed and ahhed with me over it. I was also extremely touched by a little note that Julia wrote for me on the invoice:

Seriously, this made me so ridiculously happy. And I am returning some of that love here, because Julia, I LOVE this yarn so frigging much! I can't wait to get started with this project!

Of course, ummmm, I still need to finish up at least one pair of socks of the 5 or so that I have on the needles at the moment. HAH! So much for my Socktoberfest goal. Oh well, we knit because we love it, and as much as the end result is what we strive for, the fun is in the process. Happy knitting to all you knitty folks out there!

6 comments:

Sonya said...

Silk lace yarn. So shiny, so pretty. I have to tell you I am so sad that the zombie squirrel was sold right from under me. I hope it has a home that will understand his soft and quirky gruesomeness.

Mama Urchin said...

Those mittens area great gift idea for my sister. Now I just need to ind the perfect yarn. Thanks!

Adrienne said...

What beautiful yarns!!!

Haley said...

so much lovely yarn. can't wait to see those mittens!

diana said...

We heart you too! So much fun!!!!

Melissa said...

Ooh, lots of pretty Sundara! Good you stocked up, it's so worth it!

I'm loving the long stripy mittens, what a fun project!