12 December 2007

hey you!

Mischa is mine - yay!

I unofficially took the day off today. I started out with the best intentions, to finish a few finger puppets and some last-minute commissions that I took on before I made my firm announcement a week or so ago (maybe more - who knows - time is a blur), but I've been so tired since I haven't had a day's rest in two and a half weeks that I just crashed. Anyway, I just wanted to touch base and say hello to you all. All the mieces are on their ways to their new homes - hooray! Well, all except Mischa, who will be keeping me company as I sit at the computer every day. I normally don't get attached to my softies and have no problem sending them off because I know they will be loved. Every now and then, however, I make something that is so special to me that I don't want to part with it. I want to enjoy it every day because it is like something, some toy, that I always wanted as a child. Yeah, we could psychoanalyze that to death, about how I make toys to recapture my childhood or whatever, but why destroy the joy? I enjoy making things that make other people happy.

I am planning my last shop update of the year for this Friday at 2PM. As I mentioned before, I will have a few fingerpuppets up for grabs but probably not too much more. I will be posting the rest of the penguins and maybe a mini-mantis or two. For the rest of the season, I am going to concentrate on my family - making gifts for them, spending time with them, enjoying the holidays with them. The last day I will be shipping is December 19th. The shop will be closed from the 20th through the 25th. I think I may also be closed the first part of January, but I don't know yet. I do know that there are a lot of family commitments I have then, and I hope you all understand. I'll let you all know what's going on as I get a clearer idea myself. In the meanwhile, hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season so far.

2 comments:

sulu-design said...

Ditto. To it all. Long time no talk. Very busy with shop updates and all. Focusing on family from this day forward, too. Phew!

I was glad to read that B.B. went so well. Your table and offering looked stunning.

I hope you enjoy the time crafting for family and visiting with them. Happy holidays.

Jason Lieder said...

Awesome mouse!