18 January 2008

well hello there!

My blog break took a little longer than I had planned, but I really have appreciated that time. I have been busy working on a bunch of Valentine's Day themed mice and a few other surprises for a large shop update next Friday. There a few changes to the shop this year, as I am trying to make the time for a couple of large projects that are going to be a bit consuming. First of all, I will not be doing any more commissions until April (except for the single one I have pending - so don't worry dear friend, I am still on for that). I am sorry to say that and hope that doesn't make me a big bad meanie, but I just can't work on a bunch of commissions and manage to work on these two other projects, as much as I would love to do so. I have to be realistic with how much time I have and what I can afford to take on, which was a big problem for me last year. Secondly, I am not reserving items anymore unless they are already posted onto my etsy shop. I know the majority of you folks feel that it is okay to reserve items that people see on my Flickr or on the blog, but I still don't think it is totally fair to everyone to go about things that way. I just want to be a little more egalitarian is all. If you are on my mailing list, I notify you immediately after I update. I am planning to do more regular updates, and I have a bunch of new designs up my sleeve, so I am actually pretty excited about this new year and hope you are too.

In the meanwhile, I leave you with some softies that I am really loving and find totally inspiring:

girl savage's loch ness monster
wawaya's dragons
Brie's tortoise
Hillary's folky doll
Abby's latest wading bird
one red robin's doddi bears
Dawn's tweet tweet bird love=creature

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Hey again! I saw your photos over on flickr and thought - it has been a while since I've seen a blog post. Welcome back!

Corinne said...

wonderfull creatures ! They are really lovely, great job !