02 April 2008

the pop in

bunny with pink elephants

Hi all! Just popping in to say hello. I have been sewing my fingers off over here, but I still don't think I will have everything finished in time for Friday's update. Hence, I think it would be best to reschedule the update for next Wednesday, same time. I am not sure if weekly updating really works best for me. I think updating every other week works a little better in terms of time and efficiency. It also allows me to spread out my sewing over the week instead of cranking everything out in just a couple of days because you know what? Lots of hand-sewing crammed into a small time frame makes my fingers and shoulders hurt - a lot. And that can't be good for softie-making in the long run. Anyway, Wednesday's update will be a doozy, with bunnies, lambs, something new, and a slew of finger-puppets. So please drop by and check it out.

I sometimes get emails from people asking if I am still making softies. I thank you for your interest, and yes, I am most definitely still making softies. In fact, that is what sometimes prevents me from posting on here. There are only so many hours in a day, and I'm sure you all understand that. I try to keep the shop stocked and have been good lately about updating weekly or every other week. In fact, the shop is stocked right now with garden variety partiers and woodchucks. If you would like to be notified of updates and other news, please shoot me an email at sotosofties [at] gmail [dot] com or you can also check here as I post update info on my blog sidebar. Thanks again for all your support and encouragement.

Also, a huge thank you to the folks at it's (k)not wood, a fabulous design blog about all things faux bois that I have totally fallen in love with, for including my owl in a recent post. Thanks so much guys!

Hope you are all having a beautiful day. I'm ecstatic that it's bright and sunny out here in New England today if a bit insanely windy (like swoop you away windy). Ahhh, off to sew in the sunlight. I love working in natural light.

No comments: