08 June 2008

here we go!

new mieces for monday's update

Mieces for tomorrow's shop update. Please tune in at 3PM EST if you are interested in them.

These are not 100% finished yet; I still need to attach their little bows. However, it is super-frigging hot here right now, and the thought of ironing out strips of fabric to make the bows is not especially appealing - not in the least. I think it's best to work on that later tonight once it cools down a bit and attach the bows to the mice as I photograph each one individually for the update.

I know that I mentioned to a few people that I would have bats in this update, but to be honest, I am not sure if I will have the bats finished by tomorrow. Right now, they are all cut but awaiting to be sewn, and I still have one more piece to finish before I can move on to them. I do have one bat that is done, so that one will be going up for sure. That might be the only bat in this update. But that means that the next update will be sooner that I anticipated and will include a few bats. So hey! Not such bad news after all.

Thank you all for your kind words regarding the post before last. I appreciate all of your comments, and your support and encouragement mean a lot to me. Just want you to know that I am not discouraged or disheartened by that thingy. I just get a little frustrated because I really do try to keep up and make people happy, and all I ask for is a little patience when it comes to stocking the shop. I know that I have been a bit of a slacker when it comes to keeping up with the blog, but that's because I have been working. Making these fussy little toys takes more time than people sometimes realize. That said, I think I am going to stop making the mieces and other button-jointed softies for a while. It's really hard on my hands, and they are time-consuming to produce. This opens a window of opportunity here - I can finally make some of these other designs that I have been kicking around. Hopefully, this will also allow me to finally get these patterns I have been talking about for way too long done. As I promised you all, good things are a-coming this way!

1 comment:

marisa said...

Oh, the terrible irony of owls and mice together in one shop update! :P

Seriously, tho, I will be stalking etsy tomorrow...I thought my little collection was just fine, until you made OWLS! Must have, must have...the cycle never ends.