20 June 2008

seriously batty

favorite new bats

Thank you all for your kind comments regarding my last post. I appreciate your understanding, sympathy, and support. I apologize if I can across as whiny or anything of the such. I'm not having any sort of crisis really, existential, identity, or otherwise. It was just a bad day because I've been frustrated with the way I've been running things here. I realize that in order to do the things I want to do and take this in the direction I want it to go, sometimes I will have to say "no" to people, and I hate doing that. I have to also not feel bad about not updating the shop as frequently as I would like. Some folks update their shops once a month, and that's okay. I have to learn how to be okay with that myself. Most of the major changes I need to make are within myself really.

Back to the point, however, thank you all for your great advice and thoughtful suggestions and sharing your own experiences. Now that I've come out from under the mountain of softies I've been buried under the last week, I am able to get around to responding to you all individually as well, so I'll be emailing you. Thank you all. Some of you suggested I start making patterns, which is something I have been meaning "to get around to" for far too long, so while we're away at dance camp next week, I will be able to finally work on that. Because you know what? I think it's a great idea and am excited about the prospect of sharing that with you all. I also have a few more ideas that are reinvigorating my interest in softie-making, but I'll get to those later. All in good time. All I can say for now is that I am extremely psyched about them and firmly believe they are excellent ideas that will get me past this funk. I think you'll be excited about them, too.

For now, I have a batch of bats going up in my etsy shop shortly, so please do check it out if you can. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Crypt Stitch said...

The lead up to the solstice can leave us all feeling a little 'batty' - but I'm most pleased you've 'come out the other side' of your own little mini storm, it's always good to find the light at the end, so to speak. As for the bats, yay! Bella is looking for a play-mate (and the patterns sound like a wonderful idea

tiennie said...

Your bats are awesome! I love that they are so smiley. :)

maryse said...

i'm sorry you've been going through some difficult times lately. i can imagine how frustrating it must be.

i think publishing your patterns or creating kits is an excellent idea. anyway, your critters are so beautiful and your style is so inimitable. no one makes softies like you do.

Rachael Rabbit said...

The bats are really super - what ever you decide to do (go back to school or what ever) you should really carry on making these softies - they are so gorgeous and whether someone else comes up with a similar idea or not - yours will be unique ... and desirable. Do you live in Cambridge UK - as I used to live their before moving to the US 4.5 years ago - gorgeous place - loved it.

tiger stitch said...

Ohh...this is the first time I have discovered your work and I love it!! If it is any help to your motivation, I have neve seen work nor designs like yours. You're doing something special and I hope knowing that brings you a little ray of happy!!