29 July 2008

commission guidelines

Mischa knits

Hi all! I get a lot of requests for commission work, but unfortunately due to my schedule, I usually cannot accept any of these requests. However, time is on my side these days. The summer is slow, and my schedule is much freer. So for the next few months I will be open to doing commission work again. For the sake of making things clear and easy for everyone, I thought I would list some basic guidelines:

  • To order your custom piece, please email me at sotosofties[at]gmail[dot]com with the word "commission" somewhere in the subject header. I would prefer if you contact me through my email and the blog and not through etsy (as I think I will be making the move away from etsy very soon).
  • If you contact me through etsy, I will post your finished item for you through etsy (reserved especially for you) as it is only fair to them, but once again, I would prefer to be contacted through the blog and at my email address. If you do contact me through etsy and we finish the transaction through them, please do take a moment to leave me feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
  • Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for your custom order. If I do not have a specific material at hand or if you have a highly detailed request, it may take a little longer, but I will let you know what the approximate time frame is.
  • Please note that sometimes there may be delays. I will contact you and let you know if I am running behind. In the meanwhile, I will do my best to get your order to you in a timely fashion.
  • Pricing for commission work is an additional 25% of what the item would normally cost. For instance, a critter would be $50 and a wee mouse or a bat would be $62.50. If the piece is going to be a specialized, highly customized order, then the price will be commensurate with the amount of detailing necessary.
  • At this point, I can only accept payment through PayPal, which actually works beautifully and protects both the customer and the seller.
  • As for shipping, I ship via USPS Priority Mail with insurance.
  • Any of the designs that you see in my softie gallery would be available as a commission. However, please bear in mind that some of the fabrics you see might no longer be available in my stash, and I may not be able to locate more at a store because the fabric has been discontinued (it happens, sadly). If that is the case, I would let you know immediately, and I would be happy to use an equally lovely and appropriate fabric as a substitute.
  • If you need to cancel an order, please let me know at your earliest possible convenience.
  • I reserve the right to turn away a commission if my schedule is all booked up and there is no feasible way I can squeeze in one more order.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. Thanks, all!

1 comment:

Angel Droppings said...

I love the image of Mischka knitting! She looks so content there. I admire your work and enjoy looking at your softies. Just thought I'd finally pop in to say hello! :) ~Lisa