30 July 2008

Pinky the Elephant

Pinky Details 2

Meet Pinky! She is one perky pachyderm! And she is now available at my new shop. I am so excited about this! So far, I love the way my shop looks at bigcartel, and I hope that this will work out for the best. I mentioned in my post about commissions that I am in the process of making the move away from etsy. It is not a decision that was made lightly. I talked with Matt about it for months, weighing the pros and the cons, and recently, while talking with Caro of Splityarn about it, it became perfectly clear that I had already made my choice. I love etsy and what they are doing, but it is no longer working for me. You know the saying: don't hate the player, hate the game. Well, I don't hate either, but I would be lying if I said the game was easy. With so many vendors over there and every category so over-saturated, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get new people to look at the shop. I am very lucky and immensely grateful to have repeat customers who are kind enough to tell their friends about me. Thank you so much, seriously. I hope you folks continue to stop by and check out my new shop from time to time. In fact, as Caro pointed out in her latest post, if you subscribe to the shop's RSS feed, you are notified immediately of updates. If you are on my mailing list, I will continue to let you know about new updates and all that jazz. (To get on my mailing list, email me at sotosofties[at]gmail[dot]com.) My next update, which will be in about two weeks or so, will take place over at the new shop, and slowly (as my listings expire) I will be moving what is currently in my etsy shop over to the new shop. Once again, I just want to reiterate that there are no hard feelings; etsy just isn't working very well for me at the moment. Anyhoo, please have a look at the new shop. Hope you like what you see so far. I still have some work to do, and if anyone has any advice or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it all. Thanks folks!

Pinky Details 1

2 comments:

Barbara Prime said...

BigCartel looks interesting. Even on a slow month I pay more in Etsy fees than their most expensive package. I wonder if it would work for someone less well known than you. Anyway, good luck!

tiennie said...

What a cutie! Good luck at BigCartel. I've never heard of them before. Now I'm going to go check it out.