09 September 2008

i've got four things for ya

snail

1. OMG SALE! In order to make some room here for new stuff and to clear out the etsy shop, I am offering the remaining pieces on there at new reduced prices. So please have a look.

2. Also, I have been featured on the Bazaar Bizarre Boston Blog. They are posting profiles on all the vendors between now and the holidays. Looks like I was the first person to answer their questionnaire. I heart the folk at BB.

3. All orders that have been placed yesterday and today might end up going out tomorrow instead of today as planned because it has been pouring here and I am not too keen on walking the mile to the post office. It's been clear in little patches, but that also means it's been raining on and off and I don't want to risk getting caught on the way there. I don't care about getting drenched on my way back, but I don't want the packages to get soaked. If Matt can borrow his parents' car and drive me there after work, then everything will go out today. If not, then tomorrow. I'll notify you all as soon as your purchases are sent. (God, we live like fricking teenagers, borrowing a car because we don't have our own anymore. I'm going to comfort myself by thinking that it's not that we don't have a car because we suck and that it's because we have made a decision to live green and just walk everywhere - walking is good, right? Except for when it's pissing rain.)

4. I'm working on a batch of snails for SuperPlush!, and this little guy here is my prototype. I like the design, but there are some kinks I need to work out. I need to do something about its weight because right now it is very tippy. I'm thinking of adding that sluggy edge along its sides on the bottom so that it will balance and stabilize it a bit. I also need to find a better way of sewing the shell together. Once I figure that out, I am going to crank out a few more. I need to get everything ready to be shipped out on Monday, so off to the ol' work table I go. Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

Eva said...

oh wow, i love the snail! can't wait to get my hands on one of these guys!!! super great job- can't believe it's your prototype :D

sally said...

That snail is super cute!

Pikku- Kettu said...

OMG, a snail! So. Awesome.

craftoholic said...

Sooo cute!

tiennie said...

What a cutie this on is!

Living in Seattle, I never thought twice about the rain, but I realize that if I had to walk everywhere, then it really would be a pain!

Kat said...

LOVE the snail!

PG said...

I saw your snail on Flickr, it is an utterly brilliant design, the best toy snail I've seen.

jessie said...

my gosh, that is sooo cute! love love love your snail!