06 October 2008

up in a few

Hey folks! Just wanted to let you know that I'll be adding a few new bats to the shop at 3PM EST today. Please check 'em out if you can. Thanks!

I am not sure when the next update will be as we have some friends staying with us this weekend and the next few days will be spent on the great clean-up that we've been meaning to undertake, for goodness knows how long now, which entails everything from organizing my work area (which is great) to painting the foyer (not so great) to all the little things we overlook on a daily basis. I am going to cut a whole bunch of new pieces now and try to get some sewing done over the next few days. I am thinking maybe the next update will be on Wednesday. I'll let you all know as soon as I have a better idea.

Also, I am totally overthinking the bat pattern. This is my problem with it, well, besides getting the diagrams right on Illustrator. I keep thinking you will all hate me after this because it is so darn fussy - so many fiddly little bits, so much packing in of the stuffing, and just wait until you break out the 3 1/2 inch long doll needles to button-joint. I think button-jointing is kinda fun, but there are times when you accidentally poke yourself with the needle for the fifth time and everything is fumbly and it is most decidedly NOT fun. Anyhoo, I am enlisting Matt's help with Illustrator, and we should have that ready next week. Sorry again about the delay. I will make it up to you with some other fun stuff for Halloween so please do stay tuned.

3 comments:

sally said...

I'm still really looking forward to the bat patterns. I think a bat will be a blast to make.

Ginger said...

Oh... we like that, perfect for Halloween!

Meaghan said...

Totally great stuff!

-Meaghan