07 September 2009

the twitter twatter of little tweets

I now have a public twitter account for the blog & the shop. I won't be tweeting about what I made for dinner or who I hung out with during the day or sharing the minutia of my existence with you all, but I will be talking about my latest projects, chatting about both the process and the end-result and letting you know about shop updates and promotional stuff. I won't be as conversational as I was in my personal (now self-deleted) twitter, but the truth is that I was having a hard time dealing with that kind of exchange. That's the trouble I have always had with those types of social platforms, like twitter, facebook, and blogging; it's bad enough I feel shunned and reviled in real life, I don't need these feelings reinforced on the internet. Hopefully, this will not only reinvigorate me and get me to focus on creating again, but it will also snap me out of the miasma of sadness I've been experiencing lately. When there's less worrying about people and things that ultimately don't matter, there's more time and energy to invest in making beautiful things and feeling like myself again. So I'm gonna get to it. And if you'd like to keep up with updates and stuff, feel free to follow my soto softies twitter.

7 comments:

simply_hibiscus said...

I am now following you ^_^

looovvee your backround its beyond adorable

<3 Thea

Melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear that the Twitter thing was not feeling good. I hope switching things up feels better for you.

Jessica MF said...

I am sorry to see your personal twitter go- I love your sense of humor and your tweets always made me smile.

I am sure I will love the soto softies account though and look forward to hearing from you there!

Bertha said...

Oh, I'm bummed you deleted your twitter! But yeah, feeling good is more important than entertaining me so I hope you'll be feeling better about things soon! Of course will be following the softie account!

Emmaandmaha said...

I am a fan, and so is my munchkin (she likes your stuff as she's managed to tell me but not in so many words) and I am also following you. :)

angie.a said...

I'm following too! Your blog is adorable and you'd never be "shunned". Silly girl. :)

Lily said...

You softies are some of the cutest over. So well made and designed. I've been secretly reading your blog for a long time and never post but I read this today and thought I would give you a heads up that you are very talented and I appreciate seeing your softies! And more so I only just cottoned on to the fact that you have a free tutorial up and two we can buy from the shop...looks like I'll be making my own soto softies! Yay!!! I hate Twitter just so you know.